The 9th International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd’23) will be held in Valencia on June 19 – 22, 2023. We expect to have some pre-conference workshops on June 19, while the main conference will be on June 20 – 22.
- Submission deadline: February 3, 2023
- Author notification: April 4, 2023
- Camera ready: April 23, 2023
- Workshops: June 19, 2023
- Main conference: June 20 – 22, 2023
The call for papers will open on November!
We are glad to announce that the publication of the proceedings including all HEAd’22 papers is already available!
Check it out here: https://dx.doi.org/10.4995/HEAD22.2022.15652
Check out the pictures for HEAd’22 conference in our social networks:
Less than one week to get HEAd’22 started!
You can access the virtual version of the program booklet here:
HEAd’22 program booklet
We are proud to announce the list of papers that have been nominated as candidates for the Best Paper and Best Student Paper Awards. The nominated papers were selected based on their review scores.
The final decision will be made during the conference by the best paper committee based on the presentation and Q&A. The award will be announced and conferred during the closing session (Friday, 17 June at 12:15 in Virtual Room 1).
Best Paper nominees
An Analysis of Conversational Volatility During Telecollaboration Sessions for Second Language Learning
Alan F. Smeaton, Aparajita Dey-Plissonneau, Hyowon Lee, Mingming Liu, Vyoma Patel, Michael Scriney
Teaching Open Science. What do FNS-Cloud Food Researchers Want to Know?
Katherine M Flynn, Luminita Ciolacu, Annette Fillery-Travis, Luis Mayor
Flipped classroom – a solution to teach the unloved iron carbon phase diagram in first year engineering during the Covid-19 pandemic
Do universities have a distinctive brand personality? The case of ECIU Universities
Ana Estima, Cristina Guimarães
Fostering Key Competencies for Sustainability: Development of a Higher Education Teaching Format based on Service Design
Silke Bustamante, Martina Martinovic, Thomas Afflerbach
Best Student Paper nominees
Survive to stay connected: patterns of user experiences in a Life Long Learning digital platform
Marta Cannistrà, Mara Soncin, Federico Frattini
Collaborative Design and Build Activity in a CS1 Course: A Practical Experience Report
Benoit Donnet, Géraldine Brieven, Laurent Leduc
Supporting Developers in Creating Web Apps for Education via an App Development Framework
Juan Carlos Farah, Sandy Ingram, Denis Gillet
Check out the final program for the HEAd’22 conference. Some highlights:
- Keynote on “Student Learning: Putting the Pieces Together” by Cesar Ortega-Sanchez (Curtin University)
- Keynote on “Learning Analytics or how to improve the teaching & learning processes from data” by José V. Benlloch-Dualde and Lenin Lemus Zúñiga (Universitat Politècnica de València)
- 163 papers organized in:
- 14 on-site sessions, streamed via Zoom
- 18 online sessions
- 1 poster session (on-site)
- Amazing social program with:
- Welcome cocktail reception at The Westin Valencia
- Conference Dinner at the Reina Sofia Opera Hose
You can find the timetable and all the contents here.
HEAd’22 received 269 full paper submissions. After the peer review process, less than one third were accepted as full papers.
We have just sent the paper acceptance notifications. If you have not received yours, please contact us at email@example.com
The fourth Pedagogy for Higher Education Large Classes (PHELC) Symposium takes place on Friday, 10 June 2022. PHELC, whose first edition was held together with HEAd’19, aims to provide an opportunity for large class teachers in higher education to share practice. Previous papers and presentations can be accessed on the Published Symposia Proceedings page of www.phelc.ie.
Submissions are invited from those teaching very large classes (100+ students) in the higher education context. Papers should be 1,500 words in length, provide a clear description of the pedagogical practice upon which the paper is based and should be supported by relevant literature. Full details of submission requirements can be found on the Submissions page of www.phelc.ie.
- Submission of proposed paper = Monday 14 March @ 17.00 CET
- Notification of decision = Monday 11 April @ 17.00 CET
- Camera ready paper = Monday 16 May @ 17.00 CET
Possible topics may include but are not limited to:
- formative and/or summative assessment; assessment for / of / as learning
- self assessment, peer assessment, groupwork
- sustainable approaches to providing feedback at scale
- student engagement
- active learning / problem based learning / challenge based learning
- inclusion and diversity
- using technology
- universal design for learning
- synchronous and asynchronous approaches
- impact of Covid-19 on large class teaching and learning
Further information is available from the organisers – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We would be grateful if you would forward this to others you think may be interested, in both national and international contexts. You may also follow us for updates on Twitter @PHELCprofessors
Dr Anna Logan and Ann Marie Farrell
Due to the multiple requests, we are pleased to announce that the deadline for submitting papers to HEAd’22 has been extended to February 11.
We are excited to receive your contributions!
HEAd’22 will be held on 14-17 June 2022 in Valencia as a hybrid conference: face-to-face and virtual. Full paper submission deadline is 4 February 2022.
The conference organizing committee is so happy to see you again!
We are currently preparing the website for HEAd’22. It will be ready soon 🙂