INNOVAT’20: INNOVATIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING: METHODS, TECHNOLOGIES AND EXPERIENCES TO EXPAND LEARNING AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Website of the project: http://innovat.education/
Website of the workshop: https://sites.google.com/view/innovat20-workshop
Link to Call for Papers of INNOVAT’20: https://easychair.org/cfp/INNOVAT20
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=innovat20
Workshop Rationale and Dynamics
In a rapid changing scenario where skills have become the global currency of the 21st century, higher education’s relevance for economic and social progress is incontestable. Developing the right sets of cognitive and non-cognitive skills is a determinant factor for people to meaningfully partake in the global economy. In this context, the conventional concept of teaching and learning is undergoing significant changes with a more student-centered approaches and methodologies.; also considering that advances in information and communication technologies are opening-up new opportunities for virtual and interactive elements into teaching and learning. INNOVAT workshop will enhance the awareness of the innovative teaching and learning practices and its importance in higher education by featuring practices and experiences of multidisciplinary and international teachers and researchers. The workshop will address the topics of innovative teaching approaches and educational tools, evaluation and assessment of learning, emerging technologies and the innovation versus internationalization aspect in a very dynamic setting. From panel and poster to ignite and campfire sessions, participants will be able to share experiences, get new insights and collaborations and concluding with a Concept carousel for jointly designing the future of teaching and learning innovation.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Submissions imply the willingness of at least one author to register, attend the workshop, and present the contribution in English.
Papers must be written in English and must follow the instructions in the template file, available by clicking here.
- A4 format
- Abstract summarizing key points of the paper
- Clear description of the context according to the topic chosen
- Literature review
- Empirical methodology / data if available but not required
- Analysis of/ reflection on / implications for current practice
- References (APA format)
Paper length must be between 4 and 6 pages (A4 size), incorporating the title page (title, abstract and keywords), all text, references, figures and tables. That is, the maximum paper length accepted is 6 pages (1 title page + 5 pages with the body text, figures, tables and references). These guidelines are strict: papers failing to adhere to the guidelines (by being more than 6 pages, altering margins or not following the template) will be rejected without consideration of their merits. Accepted papers must be presented in-person (virtual or remote presentations are not allowed).
INNOVAT’20 workshop is using Easy Chair to manage the submissions. In order to submit your paper, you must first create an account and follow the instructions of the homepage and workshop call for papers.
- Research papers will be present in the Poster session
- Empirical work and Good Practices will be present in the Ignite session.
- The Panel discussion will include key note speakers and best papers.
Authors should indicate the preference type of contribution (Poster, Ignite, Panel) by the submission.
- Submission of papers: April 1st, 2020
- Acceptance note: April 14th, 2020
- Camera due: April 28th, 2020
- Workshop date: June 2nd, 2020 (from 8:30 to 13:00 – VALENCIA, ES)
List of Topics
- Innovative Teaching approaches and new educational tools – online and offline
- Innovative Teaching and learning experiences around the world
- Innovative Evaluation and assessment of students’ learning
- Emerging technologies in teaching and learning (e.g., MOOC, OER, gamification)
- Innovation Vs Internationalization
Types of Sessions foreseen
INNOVAT’20 workshop will place different formats for the sessions in order to create an engaged and collaborative attitude among the participants.
- Ignite sessions: multiple-speaker, 45 to 60-minute session usually. They can be attended by all conference participants. Each speaker is given a five-minute time slot in which to present their topic, while their PowerPoint presentation automatically advances every 15 seconds, creating a truly energetic and dynamic session.
- Campfire: smaller, more intimate and focus on conversation and networking. The facilitator typically speaks for 10-15 minutes about a topic and then helps foster a group discussion and peer-to-peer learning for the rest of the allotted time. To promote the informal and relaxed nature of the format, presentation slides cannot be used.
- Poster: A presenter may deliver a short talk or conduct a demonstration. It is an arrangement where much of the time is taken up with queries & answers.
- Panel: a panel session is made up of short, thought-provoking and stimulating presentations from two experts in the field, followed by a discussion with the audience under the guidance of the Chair.
- Lígia Franco Pasqualin, MA, MBA – FH Joanneum University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
- Dr. Liliya Terzieva – Breda University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
- Dr. Carlos Alario-Hoyos – Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)
INNOVAT’20 proceedings will be published in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
Venue & Registration
The conference will be held in collaboration and co-located with the 6th International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd’20). The sessions will take place in the Faculty of Business Administration and Management (Building 7J), at the campus of the Universitat Politècnica de València. The registration desk will be located in the groud floor.
Registration opens in March 2020 and should be done directly through the conference website.
Please note that it is possible to register for the workshop only. Below is some information regarding registration fees. Full registration details will be available on the HEAd conference website in due course.
EARLY REGISTRATION: Until April 13th, 2020
- Workshop only: €100
- HEAd’20 Conference + Workshop
- Student: €360
- Reduced: €420 (programme committee)
- Regular: €480
LATE REGISTRATION: Between April 14th-May 18th, 2020
- Workshop only: €140
- HEAd’20 Conference + Workshop
- Student: €450
- Reduced: €510 (programme committee)
- Regular: €570
Further questions about submissions should be emailed to the organizing committee.
- Lígia Pasqualin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Liliya Terzieva: email@example.com
- Dr. Carlos Alario-Hoyos: firstname.lastname@example.org